Thursday, June 05, 2008

I suck at saying goodbye. Really, I do. Goodbye to clothes with sentimental value (that hideous mustard yellow jacket that I bought with my first paycheck...why? why?). Goodbye to books (I miss them as soon as I loan them out). And especially goodbye to good friends...like my critique group





who threw me an early-adios party, complete with my own pom pom cheer!
Pictured here: Holly Cupala, Molly Blaisdell, Janet Lee Carey, Judy Bodmer, and me. Unpictured: Katherine Grace Bond, Peggy King Anderson, Dawn Knight

We have a tradition of celebrating each person's book sales with a cheer, usually written by super amazing Peggy King Anderson.

This time, Holly Cupala (author of the soon-to-be-published BRIMSTONE SOUP) did the honors. Here's an excerpt:

On to new horizons now--
A vast new country off your bow!
A year of wonders, words, and fun:
Watch out, China, here she comes!

I love my critique group who are absolutely Divine.

1 comment:

holly cupala said...

Lovely blog, Justina! But...sniff...it also hails a year without you. The diviners will miss you terribly! The part of the cheer you didn't post, I must post now:

Spreading joy in all you do,
Tina, we're so PROUD OF YOU!

xoxo, Holly

eXTReMe Tracker