Sunday, April 05, 2009

Fangirl: Gary Schmidt & Wednesday Wars

One of the best parts of attending librarian conferences has got to be meeting beloved authors. For me, this just doesn't get better than going to TLA and meeting Gary Schmidt who wrote two of my all-time favorite middle grade novels: The Wednesday Wars and Lizzie Bright and the Buckminster Boy. Pitch perfect in humor and pathos, these books should be on everyone must-read list.
Pictured with me are Gary, Lorie Ann Grover, Lucy (librarian), Dia Calhoun.

3 comments:

Erin said...

Have you read his newest, 'Trouble'?
SO. BRILLIANT.
If you haven't, I urge you very very strongly to read it. :)

So cool that you got to meet him.

holly cupala said...

Oh, cool! You all look so gorgeous!!

Vivian Mahoney said...

Fantastic photo! I would be all dopey fangirl. His books are fantastic!

eXTReMe Tracker