Thursday, April 16, 2009

Operation TBD: Rocking the Drop!

Welcome to the Second Annual Operation Teen Book Drop, brought to teen patients in Children's Hospitals all around the country by readergirlz,

GuysLitWire, YALSA, and amazing publishers, including my own (Little, Brown Books!).

The morning started with an interview on KING 5 News. Egads, I hate TV and radio interviews. Anchorwoman, Joyce Taylor, wanted to do a short segment on me for her Hometown Heroes show. While flattering, it was also very awkward since while I am glad to be back in my Hometown, I am not feeling very heroic. I asked if she might want to shoot the Seattle-area divas dropping books off at our Children's Hospital. Thankfully, Joyce was interested. So I was flanked by my girls: Lorie Ann Grover, Holly Cupala, and Dia Calhoun. And we all very much missed our Melissa Walker.

Deep breath. Bright lipstick. And then Lorenzo the camera man started shooting every breath, um, and er as Joyce and I chatted about my books, community service (including the Find Beauty Challenge), and readergirlz.


Since I hate watching myself on TV, chances are I won't catch the feature story when it airs in 2-3 weeks. But for now, here's the crew:

Kira Haller (Children's Hospital), Holly Cupala, Dia Calhoun, Lorie Ann Grover, me, Joyce Taylor.

Photographs all captured beautifully by S.Y. Headley.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tina!
I am so pleased! I am SO happy for you! I am glad it is at Children's! All of the pictures I recognize you where you are!
I would love to give my books to Seattle Children's! Please let me know what I may do to help!!
PS:
You have no reason to be worried/nervous for ANY interviews! After it is only the true and inner beauty that matters:)
I'm excited to see the full interview!
With Lots of Love,
Marie L

Sherry said...

Yay, readergirlz! You'r all amazing.

If that interview gets posted on-line let us know. :)

Maya Ganesan said...

Congrats! When's this airing, exactly? I'll be sure to watch.

Anna said...

You did an amazin job, for sure. Beauty is what you've got inside, and your inside is great.
Would love to see the interview if it's online. Please, tell us!

tanita✿davis said...

I'm sure you were awesome, and I hope someone puts it on Youtube! ("Nooooo!" Justina moans.) I'm excited that you got this on TV - may there be more folks rockin' the drop next year. Yahoo!

holly cupala said...

Thank you so much for sharing with us, Justina! You were amazing. We were so proud!!!

eXTReMe Tracker